|German Speaking Fish-House Assistant||Chorleywood||FHA/CWD||January 30 2020||February 10 2020||Open/Close|
German Speaking Fish-House Assistant based in Chorleywood
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our head office in Hertfordshire for a multi-lingual talent to join our team.
Fish House Assistants are critical to the daily operations of our Livestock business. You would be working as part of a very busy team in our modern fish holding facilities. General duties include assisting with the tank maintenance, feeding, handling livestock and dealing with customers in the Fish-House.
Contracted working hours are Monday to Friday (45 hours per week / shift rota), due to the nature of dealing with Livestock, business flexibility in hours is essential and evening and some weekend work is required. The successful candidate should have an interest in aquatics or animal care, and be enthusiastic, hard-working, and eager to learn all aspects of fish husbandry. Full training is provided.
The ideal candidate must be fluent in both oral and written German language skills. They will display excellent attention to detail and a professional telephone manner along with the capacity to meet deadlines and deliver high standards in fishkeeping. The role involves delivering day to day Fish-House operational tasks with focus on livestock sales and shipments to our German customers.
Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Maintaining processes and ensuring that operational compliance is adhered to in the Fish-House
- Managing the timely resolution of queries and problems as they arise
- Looking for sales opportunities with Livestock customers
• Customer centric and sales focused
• Strong ‘hands on’ operational skills when dealing with marine animals / animals in general
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Strong verbal communications skills
• Solution finder
• Self-managing and strong time management
Hours of Work We operate a shift system in the fish-house and weekend / bank holiday work is expected to support the operational demands of the business as well as livestock welfare. Please consider if you can work these hours before your application.
To apply for the position please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Tropical Marine Centre, Solesbridge Lane, Chorleywood, Herts, WD3 5SX
Closing date for all applications is Monday 10th February 2020