|FISH-HOUSE ASSISTANT (Part-time)||CHORLEYWOOD||FHA/CWD||September 25 2020||October 04 2020||Open/Close|
Fish House Assistants are critical to the daily operations of our marine livestock business. We are inviting applications from those who would be interested in applying for a part-time role in our fish-house. This role has come about to support social distancing rules and maintain good health & safety practices within our fish-house and at the same time sensibly manage the welfare, sales and maintenance operations required.
We are now looking for 2 people to undertake the following fixed hours:
- Working 3 days per week every Friday, Saturday & Sunday 7am-4pm
- Working 3 days per week every Saturday, Sunday & Monday 7am-4pm
The responsibilities will include but are not exhaustive to:
- feeding fish & inverts
- tank cleaning - fish algae’s
- making boxes
- filter bag/cartridge cleaning maintenance using acid & bleach
- end of day washdowns
- box-room housekeeping
- livestock shipment acclimation (as and when required, working times will be agreed in advance)
- quarantine room housekeeping
- other FH duties as advised by FHM
- packing orders
- FULL-TRAINING GIVEN
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on approach
- Attention to Detail
- Flexibility and enthusiasm essential
We are looking for a reliable self-starter, someone who brings enthusiasm to the role and can support strong morale during their shift. This role will require additional days to be worked on occasion to help support holiday cover. This role reports into the Fish-House Manager and we are looking for an immediate start. This role attracts a salary at national minimum wage.
|PRODUCTION & WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT||CHORLEYWOOD||PWA/CWD||September 30 2020||October 12 2020||Open/Close|
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our head office in Hertfordshire for an individual that can lend their skills to a newly formed role that supports both our Production and Logistics needs.
The Production department of Tropical Marine Centre manufactures and assembles specialist filtration products and lighting products for home aquariums, garden ponds, fish farms and swimming pools.
Our Logistics department ensures that we have our products in the right locations at the right times to meet customers’ demands. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who is used to working across multiple areas, willing and able to deliver our dry goods products from production through to retail. A valid clean driver’s licence is essential for this position.
This role reports jointly into the Production and Logistics departments. Full-training and support is given, we are looking for an immediate start.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Production tasks which include line assembly of components for Aquatics dry goods products.
- Cash & Carry Support
- Driving responsibilities where required
- General warehouse housekeeping tasks
- Strong ‘hands on’ operational skills when dealing with stock and equipment
- Experience of multi-drop deliveries
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Strong and positive verbal communications – good customers service skills
- Solution finder
- Self-managing and strong time management essential
Hours of Work: 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm Monday to Friday