|SALES & CUSTOMER SUPPORT - AGRICULTURAL SECTOR||CHORLEYWOOD||CWD/BISY||March 02 2021||June 30 2021||Open/Close|
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our head office in Hertfordshire for an individual that can lend their skills to a newly formed role in our Biosystems team supporting growth of Tropical Marine Centre.
Biosystems is the commercial division (B2B) of Tropical Marine Centre Ltd, a world-leading marine livestock business which also manufactures and distributes a large range of products associated with fishkeeping and animal husbandry. Whilst our core business is aquatic, we have been expanding our offerings into the Agri sector, primarily through the development of our LED lighting and control systems.
Our drive and passion is to take our wealth of knowledge and understanding of the importance of light as a primary driver of biological processes, and couple this to the photic requirements of the animal. From this, we design and develop lighting systems to deliver the correct spectrum, intensity, and photoperiod to replicate natural lighting and light cycles for the animal, reducing stress and increasing animal welfare. This is an exciting area to be working in, as we are not only able to offer wellbeing benefits, but also deliver real savings through for example improved food conversion ratios, reduced aggression and mortalities as well as energy savings and a reduction in carbon footprint.
Whilst the initial focus will be on targeting the Agri sector, we will also look to round the successful candidate’s skillset out to encompass all areas of the Biosystems division. Our lighting systems, as well as our recirculating water filtration systems are also widely used in Aquatic, Aquaculture, Public Aquarium and R&D institutes.
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic individual, who encompasses our core values: passion, expertise, pride, commitment and a "can do" attitude.
Ideally the candidate will have had experience within the pig and poultry sectors, but other agricultural/Aquaculture experience will also be considered. Full training is given with regards to our products.
This is an opportunity to lead Biosystems into the Agri-sector and achieve growth by carving out your role through high performance and support the business to explore opportunities in various markets.
We are looking for an immediate start.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- drive proactive sales in Agri-sector
- undertake initiatives that drive sales leads
- Customer Support
- support the Biosystems team with customer queries, quotations and order follow up
- provide excellent customer service & product support
- Marketing Support
- be involved in direct marketing content creation including MailChimp, LinkedIn, blogs & editorials on our website
- Product Development
- collaborate with the rest of the team in new product development
- hands on activity to test products and advise on recommendations for product placement within Biosystems and support technical development team in Tropical Marine Centre
This is a site based sales position, based at our head office in Chorleywood, Hertfordshire. Some travel to visit customers and for trade shows will be required.
- Confident with a “can do” attitude and a drive to seek new sales opportunities
- Ability to build strong, trusting customer relationships
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Solution finder
- Team player
- Self-managing and good time management
- ‘hands on’ work ethic
Hours of Work: 8am-5pm Monday to Friday - this opportunity starts as a 12-month contract.
|SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE||CHORLEYWOOD||CWD/SALES||March 30 2021||May 31 2021||Open/Close|
Full-time based in Chorleywood, Hertfordshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our head office in Hertfordshire for a seasoned hobbyist or interested sales driven individual who enjoys working within a sales and customer service environment. The ideal candidate will possess a good grasp of the fish-keeping hobby and have worked within a sales environment with evidenced behaviour of dealing with customers. They will display excellent attention to detail and a professional telephone manner along with the capacity to meet deadlines and maintain records to a high standard. This role requires a candidate with a customer service focus, solid administration skills and the ability to liaise with internal and external contacts at all times. The role involves handling day to day sales tasks, working in conjunction with our fish-house and cash & carry areas. This is initially a site-based position with some customer site visits required as and when possible, reporting into the Sales Team.
Duties will include but are not limited to;
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Ownership of the Sales process from conception to delivery and receipt of goods.
• Attending to calling customers and driving sales of livestock and dry goods
• Managing resolution of queries in a timely manner and issues as they arise.
• Support of other areas within the team such as the front office, C&C and Fish House in sales and customer focused activities
• Managing sales diaries for telephone calls and trips
• Retaining a high level of autonomy as set out by management.
• Attending occasional trade shows, hobbyist events and sales trips to territory areas
Key skills required include:
• Customer centric and sales focused
• Strong verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Passion for Animals and fishkeeping (min)
• Solution finder, who has a can-do attitude
• Self-managing and strong time management
Hours of Work Monday - Friday 8am-5pm with flexibility in hours to support the operational demands of the business as well as livestock welfare.
|FISH-HOUSE ASSISTANT||CHORLEYWOOD||CWD/FHA||April 01 2021||June 30 2021||Open/Close|
FULL-TIME - Chorleywood, Hertfordshire
Fish-House Assistants are critical to the daily operations of our Livestock business. You would be working as part of a very busy team in our modern marine livestock holding facilities. General duties include assisting with tank maintenance, feeding, handling livestock, and dealing with customers in the Fish-House. The role also involves unpacking and acclimating livestock shipments in our quarantine room.
Contracted working hours are 45 hours per week and due to the nature of dealing with Livestock and the current requirement for social distancing, business flexibility in hours is essential and evening and weekend work is required on a rolling shift rota. The successful candidate should have an interest in aquatics or animal care, and be enthusiastic, hard-working with attention to detail, and eager to learn all aspects of marine livestock husbandry. Full training is provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Livestock acclimation
- Hands on maintenance of the fish-house systems
- Feeding livestock and fish welfare
- Tank cleaning
- Picking and packing of livestock in a timely manner, for sales deliveries and calling customers
- Supporting calling customers
- Fish-house housekeeping duties
- Feeding at weekends (half day - rota basis)
Key skills required include:
- Willingness to get involved, take ownership, and work on your own initiative is important.
- Hands on approach to tasks and situations
- Flexibility to adapt to sudden changes
- Work to deadlines and support critical pinch points, so that our livestock welfare standards are maintained.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Aquatic experience and product knowledge (advantageous)
- Flexibility and enthusiasm essential
Hours of Work: Fish-house shifts will include early starts and late finishes including weekend support on a rota basis. We can accommodate an immediate start.
Salary starts at national minimum wage with monthly shift attendance allowance payments. If you are looking for a challenging position in a stimulating environment, please send your CV referencing CWD/FHA
|CUSTOMER SERVICE & OFFICE SUPPORT||BRISTOL||BRI/FO||April 22 2021||June 30 2021||Open/Close|
We are looking for a highly motivated customer-focused administrator to join our small dynamic team at TMC Bristol, Europe’s leading supplier of marine fish and invertebrates to the trade.
We are looking for someone whose primary responsibilities will be to cultivate and promote communications between the business and its customers. Strong interpersonal and administrative skills are essential for this central role. This customer centric team player will have a hand on and flexible approach in their work ethic. This is a unique position offering a varied role within a busy office. The successful candidate needs to be strong on order processing and office administration. Confident and personable for telephone interactions (including soft sales and customer service-based calls – chasing up on orders and payments, making people aware of promotions, looking for any opportunities to pass to sales team, ensuring back orders are fulfilled)
Ability and experience using Microsoft publisher to produce promotional material and utilise social networking to increase our e-sales is an advantage. Experience in a B2B environment would be preferred and Aquatic experience would be valuable but not essential as training will be given.
Key responsibilities include:
• Meeting and greeting customers
• Calling customers regarding sales orders
• Processing orders, taking payments, invoicing, and managing queries
• Producing weekly business reports from our CRM system
• General office administration
• Emailing out deals/new product promotions
• Processing/following up back orders
• After sales support and follow up
• Assisting in fish house sales and livestock promotions
• Offering any support necessary to warehouse and fish house
Hours of Work Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 7am-4pm.
To apply please forward your CV referencing BRI/CS to [email protected] or post to
TMC Bristol, Unit 2, Cribbs Causeway Centre, The Laurels, Bristol, BS10 7TT
|WAREHOUSE / CASH & CARRY ASSISTANT||CHORLEYWOOD||CWD/CCA||April 30 2021||May 31 2021||Open/Close|
We are looking for an enthusiastic customer focused individual to join our Warehouse and Logistics team, based in the Warehouse and Cash and Carry areas at our Chorleywood site. Candidates should have strong warehousing experience and good customer service skills.
Brief Job Description
You will be dealing with all aspects of a Cash and Carry operation including dealing with calling customers on site. You will need to pick/pack and arrange customer orders on overnight parcel services and couriers on a day to day basis. You will also be assisting with any daily warehouse tasks that are required. The role also requires the need to do some driving jobs delivering/collecting from customers and suppliers from time to time.
Picking/ packing both dry and frozen customer orders
Arranging collections for overnight couriers
Driving company vans to make collection/deliveries
Using our stock control computer system
Booking in supplier deliveries
General Housekeeping of the warehouse
Good interpersonal skills
Organised and manages time well
FLT – Counterbalance/Flexi license (advantageous)
Attention to detail (essential)
Full clean driving Licence (essential)
Aquatic experience and product knowledge (advantageous)
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday (8-5pm or 7.30-4.30pm) start date: a.s.a.p.
Contract length: 12 months to start, then moving to permanent
Salary: £18,475.00-£20,000.00 per year
|SALES REPRESENTATIVE IN-HOUSE||MANCHESTER||MAN/SALES||May 22 2021||June 30 2021||Open/Close|
Manchester Office, Wythenshawe
We are looking for 2 sales representatives to proactively drive our Marine Livestock and Dry Goods sales strategy. You will be responsible for your own workload, contacting existing and new customers by telephone and as required service those customers via visits in your assigned territory. You will also be responsible for achieving increased distribution of the current and new product portfolio. Customer Service and after sales support from our Sales team is important and candidates will have proven experience of how they have been able to build strong customer relationships. These are site-based sales roles working closely with our Cash & Carry and Fish-House departments.
· to generate new business within assigned territory
· to develop business from a targeted list of customers and actively sell products over the phone and close the sale
· use sales techniques to maximise sales opportunities
· effectively and speedily introduce new products to market
· maintain a database, generate orders/quotes and update any paperwork that is required
· work with colleagues to distribute marketing/product information to support sales and product promotions
· work with colleagues to provide solutions to our customers needs
· assist with trade & customer mailings for new product launches, exhibitions etc
· assist in the organisation of & participate at national and international trade fairs
· visit new customers and introduce TMC portfolio
· use Customer visits to strengthen existing relationships
· following up leads
· sales process management
· meeting customers to discuss their needs on/off site
· making ‘pitches’ to win new / further business
· Plan monthly call coverage plan via telephone
Prepare necessary materials to give customers product features, benefits, pricing and general information.
· Assist in C&C displays
· Conduct specific telesales calls to customers introducing new products
· Send out any customer follow-up materials
· Identify “green listing” opportunity by key account in association with the account handler
· Become central point for customers and assist in ‘trouble shooting’ and follow through to conclusion.
· Identify customer training requirements
- reporting to Manchester General Managers
- full sales reporting
- All sales activity must be structured and measurable
- This is a site-based position with use of a site vehicle
- Working time 7.30-4.30pm (flexible approach is required)
Please note that applicants with no aquatics experience and or living in excess of 45 minutes commuter distance of base location will not be considered.
Starting date: a.s.a.p Salary according to experience and sales bonus scheme