RK2 Systems RK50 PE Protein Skimmer
- Parti di ricambio
Protein Fractionation filtration removes suspended particulates, dissolved organics, proteins and tints. At the same time, protein fractionation lowers bacteria and pathogen concentrations, while saturating the water with oxygen. Traditional water filtration systems, (i.e: pressurized sand filters, bead filters and cartridge filters), remove particulates but are ineffective against dissolved wastes and act as breeding grounds for bacteria and pathogens.
Water that is filtered through traditional filters is constantly sieved through the trapped wastes. Similar to that of a tea bag, this action leaches bacteria, dissolved organics and tints back into the water. The media in the filter functions as a bio-filter, promoting bacteria, which in turn strip out oxygen. Consequently, the discharge from these filters is generally enriched with bacteria and dissolved organics as well as having reduced oxygen concentration.
The fractionation filtration process is simple and highly effective. Air, (in some cases ozone as well), are injected into the bottom of the reaction chamber via an ozone resistant venturi injector. The water to be filtered is introduced at the top of the chamber and exits at the bottom. This creates a mass mixing effect, with the water traveling cross current to the air, which is essential for the effective formation of foam. The foam rises through the column and becomes more concentrated as it passes into the upper rise tube. The tube allows for the water to drain back into the tank via gravity, while the concentrated foam is ejected over the top of the riser tube and collected into a waste drain. The upper chamber is automatically washed down with rinse systems that keep the surfaces clean and prevent the foam from drying and inhibiting the ejection process.
• RK2 Protein Skimmer bodies are a one piece, rotationally molded design, eliminating the potential for leaks and failures from seams and weld points.
• Using HDPE makes the bodies rugged and ozone safe. They are also UV resistant making them safe for indoor or outdoor applications.
• Automatic washdown systems allow for a simple programming of rinse cycles, reducing maintenance and ensuring optimum performance.
• Separate ozone connection ports and air flow meters enable precise controlled airflow and ozone injection.
• Molded HDPE Screw Top Lid for easy access.
• Clear Sight Gauge to enable you too simply monitor skimmer run levels.
• Available for saltwater and freshwater applications.