Biolumen Nature Perfect lighting technology is shown to improve bird welfare by reducing vice and improving feeding. Ultimately an improvement in FCR results in a 19 month return on investment even before taking electricity savings into account.
The broiler house was compared to an identical unit with traditional lighting in place.
Size of Building: 75 x 11.8m
Lights: 72 x BioLumen Ocean Blue Strip LED, plus 8 x BioLumen NUV Strip LED, designed to improve the visual acuity of the birds
Mounting: 4 rows of catenary wire at 2.1m height
Control: 1 x BioLumen Control Unit to allow flexible photoperiod control
1st Year Results
• New arrivals settling and spreading quickly and evenly.
• Earlier feeding and noticeably reduced early mortality rate.
• Reduced food wastage resulting in cleaner house floors.
• Calmer birds, with fewer signs of aggression.
• Better feather coverage.
• Statistical analysis shows an overall improvement in FCR, resulting in lowered feed to reach target weight.
Cost of equipment: £5790
Feed saved per crop: 2.6 tonnes*
Cost of feed: £260 per tonne
Annum savings: £3718
ROI of 19 months BEFORE electricity savings
*based on average of 10450 birds
Biolumen lighting includes our patented Nature Perfect blue LED technology which is comfortable for humans to work under, but also perfectly placed to improve animal visual acuity as well as entrain hormonal processes with the use of proper control of light/dark periods.
Low Energy Suitable for Harsh Environments +3 Year Warranty
Low Carbon Footprint IP67 (waterproof) UK Designed
Low Voltage Resistant to Ammonia UK Based Support
Easy Installation Impact Resistant